The “North Shore” is Lakota Sioux for the oldest city on the northeast shore of Lake Minnetonka. Historic and charming, this destination village is packed with restaurants and fabulous shopping and even a boutique Hotel, while only minutes to downtown Minneapolis.
The “walkability“ of this quaint city, along with spectacular views and easy access to the entire Lake, makes it a high demand location for residents and visitors alike.
- 12.5 miles (11 minutes) from downtown Minneapolis
- Historic hotels and resorts once graced the shores of this area
- Parks/nature centers/two regional trails (Dakota and Luce line) route from Wayzata
- Crime rate is 33% lower than the national average
- Award Winning for academics, WAYZATA SCHOOLS are high demand at all levels offering every extracurricular activity imaginable including award winning athletics and everything in between. 93% of the parents of students rate the quality of education as excellent.
- Real Estate is amazingly varied including some of most prestigious “Gold Coast” Lake Minnetonka estates, to historic neighborhoods, new construction, condominiums and townhouses, and even assisted living.
- Municipal Docks and the City beach are just waiting for residents and visitors alike!
- City post office/library/fire and police departments serve the community
- Wayzata has it all!